Corporate, private institutional and individual supporters provide the resources for the program interventions.
Foundations, Stanford University, the Chinese Academy of Sciences and other supporters help underwrite the administration and research.
The work is carried out in China collaboratively with the Chinese Academy of Sciences and the Northwest Social Economic Development Research Center, and with other collaborating researchers and institutions.
Policy makers in the Chinese Ministry of Education and its provincial departments are invited to join in as stakeholders and administrative partners, with the aim of finding ways to further enhance Chinese education policy.
Our Partners include:
Foundations and Private Institutional Partners
- ADOC 2.0's (Taipei) - vision is to reduce digital divides in the APEC region by enabling people to overcome limitations due to age, gender, health, social or education status, and to enjoy the 4A (anytime, anyone, anywhere, anything) benefits of digitalization.
- Cyrus Tang Foundation (Las Vegas, Nevada / Xi'an, Shaanxi) - The Foundation directs its activities in China. Its mission is to improve the quality of life in disadvantaged communities through effective investments in education and public health, and by fostering community spirit.
- Caterpillar Foundation (California) - The Caterpillar Foundation is the philanthropic arm of Caterpillar Inc. Founded in 1952, the Caterpillar Foundation has contributed more than $500 million to help make sustainable progress possible around the world by providing program support in the areas of environmental sustainability, access to education and basic human needs.
- Ford Foundation (Beijing) - The Ford Foundation is a resource for innovative people and institutions around the world. We were founded to advance human welfare, and all of our work flows from this fundamental commitment.
- I.E.T. Foundation (Golden, Colorado / Beijing).
- China Open Resources for Education (Golden, Colorado / Beijing) - CORE's mission is to enhance the quality of higher education within China. Its objective is to introduce advanced courseware from MIT and other top-ranked universities around the world by using the latest information technology, etc to improve educational quality in China.
- International Initiative for Impact Evaluation (New Delhi, India) - 3ie seeks to improve the lives of poor people in low- and middle-income countries by providing, and summarizing, evidence of what works, when, why and for how much.
- SOAR Foundation (Union City, California / China) - The SOAR Foundation, a non-profit, charitable organization created in 1995, is dedicated to provide scholarship opportunities for poor students in rural areas so they can acquire at least a high school level education.
- Plan International (China) - Plan aims to achieve lasting improvements in the quality of life of deprived children in developing countries, through a process that unites people across cultures and adds meaning and value to their lives.
- The Zigen Fund (New York / California / China) - The Zigen Fund is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization founded in 1988. The Fund is dedicated to the support of grass-root effort that promotes sustainable human-centered development. To this end, it provides people-to-people assistance to human-centered projects with a view to creating enabling conditions for poor and underprivileged communities in China.
- China Children and Teenagers'Fund (China) - CCTF was established in 1981 by the All China Women's Federation. It was China's first independent and legally sanctioned charity fundraising funds for the mission of caring, fostering and educating China's children and teenagers, especially those in impoverished areas.
- Ping and Amy Chao Foundation (California)- The Ping and Amy Chao Family Foundation was founded in California’s Silicon Valley in 2005 by Ping Chao and his wife Amy Chao. The foundation aims to fund and nurture initiatives improving the health and well-being of children and youth in economically disadvantaged regions throughout the world.
- Transparent Fish Lab (Beijing) - REAP's Best Buy Toolkit project links REAP to a growing community of non-profit groups represented through an innovative collaborative platform called Transparent Fish Lab. Updates on the Best Buy Toolkit project, as well as the work of many other non-profit initiatives can be found at the Transparent Fish Website.
- Dell YouthConnect (Round Rock, Texas and Beijing) - People are changing the ways they connect, thereby changing the world. A truly globalized information technology infrastructure and those who build, run and use it are creating a new era. Dell seeks to prepare a generation of young people across the globe to connect to a more promising tomorrow by closing the technology gap and unleashing student potential through breakthrough educational initiatives.
- Quanta Computer (Taiwan) - Established in 1988, Quanta Computer today is the largest notebook computer ODM company in the world. With leading technology and strong R&D, Quanta has become a leader in hi-tech markets. Besides continuous high growth, high quality and high value creation in notebook computers, Quanta has extended its businesses into enterprise network systems, home entertainment, mobile communication, automotive electronics and digital home markets.
- Nokia Corporation (Beijing and Finland) - Nokia is the world leader in mobility, driving the transformation and growth of the converging Internet and communications industries.
- Adobe Systems (San Jose, California and Beijing) - Adobe revolutionizes how the world engages with ideas and information.
- Pfizer Corporation (Beijing) - Pfizer is committed to being a global leader in health care and to helping change millions of lives for the better through providing access to safe, effective and affordable medicines and related health care services to the people who need them.
- Nu Skin Enterprises - Nu Skin's mission is to be a force for good in the world - particularly in the lives of children. The Nourish the Children initiative unites Nu Skin Enterprises with its extensive worldwide distributor force in nourishing the world's hungry children. Nourish the Children is deeply troubled that every day more than 15,000 children around the world are dying from malnutrition. Their joint mission is to be a powerful force in saving children's lives.
- LICOS Center for Institutions and Economic Performance
- IAMO, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development
- School of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development Renmin University of China
- Xi'an Jiaotong University, School of Nursing
- Anhui University
- Sichuan University
- Northwest University
- Zhejiang Gongshang University
Core REAP Team
- Freeman Spogli Institute for International Studies - FSI is Stanford University's primary center for rigorous and innovative research on major international issues and challenges. FSI builds on Stanford's impressive intellectual strengths and exacting academic standards through interdisciplinary research conducted by its university-wide faculty, researchers, and visiting scholars.
- Center for Chinese Agricultural Policy, Chinese Academy of Sciences (Beijing) - CCAP's mission is to expand and develop rigorous basic and applied research to analyze the problems and challenges facing China's agricultural policy-makers and producers, as well as the factors contributing to constraints on agricultural and rural economic development, so as to 1) provide a scientific foundation for policy-makers (both governmental and private), 2) suggest needed policy choices for realizing the goal of sustainable economic development based on rational use of natural resources and the sustainable development of agriculture, 3) promote the development of agricultural economics and related applied sciences, cultivate highly skilled agricultural economists and policy researchers, 4) bridge the dialogue between Chinese and international agricultural economists and, 5) accelerate the dissemination of CCAP's research results to a wider public as a service to government and society.
- Northwest Socioeconomic Development Research Center (Xi'an, Shaanxi) - NSDRC focuses on the issues of social fairness and the equal development of minorities and women in northwest region. The Center is committed to promoting interdisciplinary research through scientific research, training, and education program.